Scholarships & Financial Aid
The Peter Kiewit Institute offers over two hundred scholarships which are available to students pursuing degrees offered at the Institute. The academic scholarships vary in terms of requirements, field of study and financial need. The scholarships cover a full range of costs from full tuition and expenses to partial coverage by semester.
The Peter Kiewit Institute Undergraduate Scholarship Application Process
Scholarship Application for Incoming Freshmen
Students pursuing a degree at University of Nebraska Peter Kiewit Institute in the College of Engineering or College of Information Science and Technology are invited to complete the PKI Scholarship for Incoming Freshmen. Applicants must graduate high school in May 2017.
Required Documents to be Submitted
1. Fill out and electronically submit your UNO Application for Admission. You will be issued your NU ID which you will need to apply for scholarships.
2. Fill out and electronically submit the PKI Scholarship Application for Incoming Freshmen
The Walter Scott, Jr. Scholarship Application Process
The Walter Scott, Jr. Scholarship is the most prestigious scholarship extended by The Peter Kiewit Institute (PKI), University of Nebraska. The scholarship provides four years of funding for undergraduate programs based within the Peter Kiewit Institute and taught by the College of Engineering or College of Information Science & Technology.
The Walter Scott, Jr. Scholarship covers: university fees, required course books and materials, room and board for Fall and Spring terms at Scott Resident Hall and personal computer for use during the duration of the scholarship. When paired with The University of Nebraska Regents' Scholarship, it can be considered a "full-ride" scholarship.
Recipients for the Walter Scott, Jr. Scholarship are selected as incoming freshman. To be eligible for the Walter Scott, Jr. Scholarship, applicants must have a composite ACT score of 30 or higher (1340 SAT) and a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale. Candidates must be admitted into one of the following programs on the Omaha campus: Architectual Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Management, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Information Assurance, IT Innovation, or Management Information Systems. Selected candidates will be contacted to interview with the scholarship selection committee.
Required Documents to be Submitted
1. Fill out and electronically submit your UNO Application for Admission. You will be issued your NU ID which is needed to apply for PKI Scholarships.
2. Fill out and electronically submit the PKI Scholarship Application for Incoming Freshmen. Apply Here
3. Download and submit two (2) Peter Kiewit Institute Recommendation Forms. Letters of recommendation are optional. Recommendation forms can be faxed to 402.554.2170 or mailed to The Peter Kiewit Institute, 1110 S. 67th St.-PKI 301, Omaha, NE 68182. Forms sent via mail must be sent certified to verify receipt.
Scholarship deadline is December 15, 2016.
PKI Scholarship Applications
Upperclassmen students intending to complete their at The Peter Kiewit Institute may complete the Scholarship Application for Upperclassmen. PKI Scholarship applications are available through your MavLINK account. Please follow the directions below. Deadlilne for submittal is May 15, 2017.
1. Log into your MavLINK account
2. Select Apply to 2017-2018 Scholarships
Scholarship Application Inquiries
Please direct all inquiries related to the status of your scholarship application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There many ways to get need-based aid to attend college. Here are some links to get started:
- College Bound Nebraska
- UNO Financial Aid
- UNL Scholarships and Financial Aid
- National Scholarships for Graduate School